Sunday 6 July 2014

The National Gallery


I finally made it to the National Gallery today, which I had been planning to visit since arriving in Dublin 6 weeks ago, and also which is only 5 minutes walk from my work! Actually I had been inside the building just to get some information - asked the nice lady on front desk what period the art was from - was told "Well they're all dead now"... and just remembered I'd planned to try and prove her wrong by finding something by a living artist! Ah well, next time. Anyway she's probably right. They seem to be in the middle of a long long refurbishment project so the majority of the works are in storage, but there's still a good collection of both Irish and international art.







 
 



 
Then moved onto some 1 - 3 minute timed sketches in the international wing. Old Caravaggio-type stuff plus a few sculptures.



No comments:

Post a Comment